Monday, January 18, 2010

Sensory Overload

Looking out at the Bellagio on a Sunny Day in Vegas

So I had a severe case of "the Mondays" today.  I spent all weekend reading parts of seven different books for my classes, plus two books for pleasure.  Maybe that's not the best approach.  I'm accustomed to reading a few books at a time, but this may have been too much.  After a challenging day at work, I find myself trying hard to concentrate on the new episode of "24" which I don't particularly care for, because the same plot happens every hour - or every weekly show - Jack Bauer turns his back on his work, a terrorist organization blows up, and the government needs his services; someone gets shot and killed, another person gets framed, and someone is working from "the inside."  I do like the fact that Cherry Jones is the president - very woman identified.  But, my husband loves the show, and I love the comfort of being in the same space as he is after a long day, and making snide comments about the Taco Bell Diet, or the Applebee's 'low-cal' menu advertisements.  However, I can't concentrate on my books ... so again, this blog serves as a respite from really thinking too hard!  

I really have to get out of Wyoming soon.  The drudgery of the cold, the rural isolation is slowly sapping my sanity.  I wasn't at all creative with dinner tonight, which is one of the best parts of my day.  Wyoming Winter ... not for the faint of heart, especially since it lasts about 9 months of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment