Friday, January 29, 2010

Lettin' Our Hair Down

Tequila in Vegas!

So this week has been a tough one at work for both of us.  Pre-cursor to the "wolf moon" full moon - whatever that is?  We went out to dinner with friends, and then for karaoke.  We sang karaoke all night, the remedy to a full work week.  My husband is far better at singing than I am, but once I had a couple Gray Goose on the rocks, I sang really well!  (Well, in my own mind, which is the only thing that counts in karaoke.)  I had to 'rescue' some poor soul whose friends thought it would be funny to put him up to "Like a Virgin," I sang "Before He Cheats" with the girls, "My Humps" just for fun, and "Islands in the Stream" with my husband (which is our wedding song - started as a joke, and we just went with it - it's a song we sing the few times we've done karaoke).  

Okay, so this isn't really germane to leadership or my Ph.D., but well, maybe it is.  Sometimes you just need to let your hair down, dance like no one cares, sing like you are Dolly Parton, and laugh with good friends.  This is what makes a memory.    

No comments:

Post a Comment