Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday's Momentum


I was able to take the momentum from yesterday's realizations and apply it to my job.  Difficult Person A appeared in my office nearly the first thing this morning.  But I persevered.  I didn't let the personality bother me.  Maybe because I no longer care about this person's unqualified and not respected opinion.  I, of course, was respectful, but letting go of that emotion helped me.

I was invited to an important meeting where I was given meaningful work.  I was polite and pleasant with everyone who came into my office or called me on the phone - even the ones who had with what I used to perceive as dumb questions.  And you know what?  People responded - as they always do.  When I'm nice and smiling, people mirror that instinctively.  When I'm ruffled and defensive, they react twofold.  Not taking myself too seriously with my career really helped my attitude and my day.  The work was fun again.

However, I am exhausted.  I think last week's travels, the weekend's fun, and the day's worth of work on four different plants scattered across the U.S. and Canada is taking its toll.  I can't focus on my quantitative statistics homework, due Wednesday at noon.  I did receive an A for my first paper, which gave me hope at least to try tonight.  I am putting it aside for the night, because I'm only making myself frustrated and more exhausted.  I'll pick it up again tomorrow with a fresh, rested set of eyes.  I can do this.  I just have to keep moving forward.  I will reward myself by starting a new book and going to my luxurious bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment