Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011

Should old acquaintance be forgot ... ?  Auld lang syne.  What does that mean?  The past four New Year's Eves in our house have been "MY" holiday.  I don't have to travel to places I don't want to be, I don't have to follow anyone else's rules, I don't have to eat food out of a can; the holiday, for once, it's mine.  I cook, I have friends over, I drink and am merry.  This year I had only a few guests, despite several RSVP's who didn't show up.  It was cold, bitterly cold, icy, and unpleasant outside, but you can't help but question your hostess hat when this happens.  I threw out way too much food, but all in all, I had a fabulous night.  I was with people I love dearly, people who I can laugh with, love with.  And most importantly, my husband was there.  It can never be a bad night if he is with me, sharing the food I make, toasting with the wine I love, laughing and dreaming of even better days ahead.

Maybe I just need different friends.  Maybe it's time to move on.  As 2011 rolled around, it wasn't monumental.  I'm in a great place in life, and it's only going to get better.  I don't make resolutions.  I try to live each day with all the gusto I can - some days are harder than others! - but my life is pretty damn good.   Sure, I need to drop 50 pounds, I need to exercise regularly, and I need to stop complaining about my job, but I eat well, I love well, and I learn well.  As 2011 comes at me, I'm facing it with grace (I hope!) and ambition.  I hope you do the same!

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment