Monday, June 7, 2010

The Charm of Chelsea Handler

Upon the advice of a savvy co-worker, I dove into the hilarious writings of Chelsea Handler.  I'm not an avid E! entertainment channel viewer, and I think Chelsea Lately comes on as I'm hitting the sheets, but after DVR'ing her once, I had to do it again.

I then ordered her three books, Are You there Vodka, It's Me Chelsea, My Horizontal Life, and Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang.  She is a brilliant writer.  I rarely laugh out loud while reading books - this was the exception.  She is bold, unapologetic, and wildly funny.  I couldn't put the books down.  While some parts disgusted me (as I'm sure she intended), I identified with a several of her witty tales.  She allows herself to be, well, herself, and it's a great message to women everywhere.  Be yourself - even if yourself is a booze-soaked, commitment-phobe with few responsibilities and a love of little people and big fat babies.  If you aren't a judgmental jerk, you just might enjoy reading these collections of short stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment