Saturday, February 11, 2012

Winds of Change

So I'm making tamales and inviting friends over for a celebratory dinner.  I went to Dr. Mike's for some libation ingredients, and as I pulled out of the parking lot, Scorpions' Wind Of Change started playing.  Appro-po. (Spell check never gives me this word!). 

Indeed, the winds of change have arrived for the Johnsons.  I am so proud of my husband, and I can't wait for our new adventure in life.  Many conversations to have, lots of plans to make, but this is one exciting freakin' weekend.  As I made tamales, watched our beloved Cowboys lose, and reflected on all that is great in our life, I realized that it only gets better from here.  You see, while I'm a cynic, I am also an eternal optimist.  I always believe that the road ahead is better than any we leave behind.

I embrace change, always have, because it's always brought me to better places.  My dissertation topic is also changing - again - I know, if you're reading this, you are hardly shocked, but I'm exploring a new learning theory - connectivism and social media.  Exciting as freakin' hell!  And the fact that life is going to get even more interesting, buckle up, baby, this is one hell of a ride!  As the sun sets on our life in Wyoming, I can't feel anything but utter gratitude for our friends here, and the friends we have yet to make.  Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment