Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Road Ahead

So we're moving to Reno, Nevada.  I never thought my dear husband would leave Wyoming, but it's happening.  He got the opportunity of a lifetime, and well, now so do I.  It's gratifying to know that you work hard and people want you to stay, but even more gratifying that other people want you to be successful too. 

I get to work from home, one of my all-time dreams.  I can work on writing and cooking projects, finish my PhD, and still have a satisfying career helping other people.  It's the best of all worlds that I never thought I'd be able to have.  Today we started the moving process, de-cluttering a few closets, fixing a leak in a shower, and checking up on the house listings we've saved.  I'm so excited for our new adventure, even though I probably will delay my PhD graduation date again.  But it's all good.

I also made a decision to adopt a dog.  Last night I was convinced I wanted to buy a German Shepherd puppy, but after seeing the price tag of $3500 for a "well-bred" dog, I came to my senses and went to the animal shelter website.  There are so many beautiful dogs needing good homes, and I'm going to find one.  I will have the time, love, and energy to give to rescuing a dog, and will probably opt for an older dog, one who will be my companion, if only for a short time.  It's the right thing to do.  I have not had a dog in over 7 years, and I miss it.  

So as we make plans for our new life, I can't help but feel gratitude for our new opportunity, humility for everyone who's provided a reference for me, and excitement for the wonderful team I will be joining soon.  Life is good, and will only continue to get better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment