Sunday, November 6, 2011

Digging In

Taking three PhD classes while working a full-time job during an intense expansion is, at best, challenging.  I am in three classes this semester that are doing nothing for me.  The instructors aren't providing feedback, the work is tedious and dull, and as a result, I am not driven to get the work done - work that will only fetch me a couple of B's, one A is an almost given.  As long as I get the B's, though, I will be okay.  I hate that this is my attitude, but I can't do everything.  I am taking three classes again in the spring semester, and three in the summer, so that I can graduate in May 2013.  It's an extremely lofty goal, but if I dig in, I know it can happen. 

So why am I wasting my time on Pinterest, Facebook, Amazon, and Yahoo mail!?  Because obviously I am getting more out of that than going through the motions of turning in assignments and papers to elitist university professors who think distance students are not as great as those who have no jobs, live with their parents, and ask endlessly stupid questions in class.  Oh well.  I am glad I am employed in a job that challenges me, and surrounded by people who support me in my endeavors.  I can handle a couple of professors who don't think I'm the bees knees, right?

Right!

No comments:

Post a Comment