Sunday, September 25, 2011

Right Where I Belong

I love this picture of us at the back deck of the houseboat.  I was fishing and enjoying the calm stillness, and leaning on my favorite person in the world. 

This weekend was hectic, chaotic, nearly-panic-inducing because of the sheer volume of people that surrounded us in Laramie, Wyoming as we hosted the Nebraska Cornhuskers.  I have never seen so much madness in this small, Wyoming town, and it was irritating!  Why are all these people in my way?  I have become Wyoming-ized, similar to institutionalized, because I love our quiet way of life.  I never thought I'd say this.  I have wanted to live in the city since I was 13 and watched "The Secret of My Success."  But you grow, you learn.  I would have never described myself as outdoorsy, but after a week on a houseboat, and my husband talking about buying a camper, I can't help but realize that I am right where I belong. 

How many people get to see deer in their backyard - even at the expense of their tomato plants?  How many people get to see nature un-violated by human hands?  I live here.  I live this every day.  I don't have 4-star restaurants or hip, happenin' club scenes, or high-powered dinners, like I thought I would have, but it turns out, I have it even better.  I have friends who love me, I have a beautiful home, a secure job, and a passion to live every day.  And best yet, a marriage that I always wanted.  It's not easy, but it sure is worth it.  That's how I can tell you, eating my own words, that I am right where I belong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment